View more guides at Linux Wiki Guides
This is a compatibility guide to running Linux with the Asus Eee PC 1201PN laptop.
This page is just for discussing using Linux on the Asus Eee PC 1201PN. For a general discussion about this laptop you can visit the Asus Eee PC 1201PN page on LapWik.
If you would like to edit this page please first view our Editing Guidelines.
For full specifications see the Asus Eee PC 1201PN specifications page.
|Name||Asus Eee PC 1201PN|
|Processor||Intel® Atom™ N450|
|Screen||12.1” WXGA Widescreen|
|RAM||Up to 2GB|
|HDD||250GB to 500GB|
|Graphics||NVIDIA Ion 2|
WLAN 802.11b/g/n @2.4GHz
|Graphics||Yes||3D, with proprietary NVIDIA driver|
|Card Reader||Not tested|
Ubuntu Netbook 10.10 works out of the box, except the following issues:
- multitouch questures touchpad
- fn + F2 switch on/off wireless
- fn + F7 switch on/off screen
- fn + F9 switch on/off touchpad
- fn + Space switch between cpu power levels
Some other functions keys are working properly as in Win 7:
- fn + F10/F11/F12 volume control
- fn + F5/F6 display brightness
- fn + < | > play/stop/next/previous Sound/Movie
Overall you can start working after installing Ubuntu 10.10 (21. Oct. 2010).
Update 22. Oct. 2010:
After installing the proprietary display driver of NVIDIA (Ubuntu Menu - System - Administration - Additional Drivers) resume from suspend mode works as well!