View more guides at Linux Wiki Guides
This is a compatibility guide to running Linux with the Asus UL50Vt laptop.
This page is just for discussing using Linux on the Asus UL50Vt. For a general discussion about this laptop you can visit the Asus UL50Vt page on LapWik Special Royal by Agen Judi Online.
If you would like to edit this page please first view our.
For full specifications see the Asus UL50Vt specifications page.
|Processor||Intel Core2 Duo Processor SU7300 : 1.3 GHz
Intel Celeron Processor SU2300 : 1.2 GHz
|Screen||15.6“ HD (1366×768) LED backlight|
|Graphics||NVIDIA GeForce G210M|
|Graphics||Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset|
|RAM||Up to 4GB|
|HDD||250GB to 500GB - 5400rpm|
|Optical Drive||DVD Super Multi|
Intel WiFi Link 1000
|Screen||Works||Unable to adjust screen brightness|
|Graphics||Works||Intel Graphics Card Works, see bellow for Nvidia instructions|
|Ethernet||Works||Works on kernel >= 2.6.32|
|Wireless||Works||Works on kernel >= 2.6.32|
|Bluetooth||Works||Works on kernel >= 2.3.32 (maybe earlier?)|
|Webcam||Works||Image is flipped|
Iwlwifi cannot load the firmware with kernel 2.6.31. Works fine in kernel 2.6.32.
Ethernet does not appear to work with kernel 2.6.31. Works fine in kernel 2.6.32.
Switch to the Nvidia graphics card
This will cause you battery life to be drastically shortened, and the display quality leaves much to be desired.
1. download and install nvidia drivers.
2. make sure you got an Xorg.conf that is correct. ( if not, run nvidia-xconfig )
3. reboot into bios (press delete while booting)
4. change the SATA option in the bios from enhanced to compatibility. ( yea, this makes sense? NOT! )
5. Add nomodeset to the grub boot command.
6. boot into linux and smile!
- Run setpci -s 00:02.0 f4.b=xx from command line, xx can be anywhere from 00 to ff.
If you choose not to use the Nvidia g210m graphics card under Linux, it will still pull power and will dramatically reduce your battery life. Directions for turning the Nvidia card off can be found here.
Works pretty well, the new Intel graphics drivers work quite well with KDE desktop effect.